So you fed up with your hilarious PSN name which you accidentally chose or was so excited to play on your PS4 that you took any name that it suggested like ninja8263627 or maybe you put xx in the open and end of your name like xxstreetfighterxx
Well worry not, You can change your PSN name now and can choose the Best PSN ID that you like and would like to carry on your gaming career as
Though you can change you PSN name but you can’t change PSN name of Child Accounts
How To Change PSN Name
You can Change your PSN Name
· Using Your PS4
· Using a Web Browser
So I have made this tutorial as simple as possible with screenshot of every step and if you have any questions or queries please contact us
Change PSN Name using PS4
- Go to Settings in your PS4 and click on Account Management
- Select Account Information > Profile > Online ID
- A Pop-up will open showing you the warning and risks of changing the PSN name, Click on I Accept > Continue
- Enter the Online Id you want to use or choose an Id from the suggestion box
- Follow the Prompt and check availability and change the PSN name
Change PSN Name using a Web Browser
- Sign in to your and select your PSN Profile and Select the Edit button that’s next to your Online ID
- A Pop-up will open showing you warnings regarding changing your PSN id, Click Next and Accept them
- Enter the Online Id of your choice or select from the suggestion box and check the availability of the name
- Click Confirm and make the changes
Issues Regarding Changing PSN Name
While Changing name it warns that all games and applications for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita will not support the Name change
According to Sony PSN Name will not have any potential error with games released after April 1, 2018
Playstation.com had released a list of games which are tested with PSN name change
Some potential errors that can occur in some games are
- Loss of in-game currency
- Account showing old PSN Name
- Account unlinked from the game
- You can loose in game progress
- May loose access to free/paid content
Will I be Charged For Changing My PSN Name?
If you are changing your PSN Name first time then it will be free of cost.
But if you already had changes your PSN Name before then you have to pay USD 9.99 if you are a regular user and half its price (USD 4.99) if you are a PlayStation Plus member.
How Many Times I can Change My PSN Name?
You can change PSN id as many time as you want but you will be charged after each PSN Name change after your first successful name change
Can I Return To My Old id?
You can return to Your old id as long as the old ID doesn’t violate the. It is free of charge.
You can do this by contacting PlayStation Support.
What You Should do if You Encounter any Issues?
If you experience any issue in game, You can Change your PSN Name back to your old id to solve it.